PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Caution wake turbulence"
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2015, 02:54
Car RAMROD

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
We have gone off track here by several miles, so I'll continue with that diversion....

Climbing flight levels is a bull**** call. If you are going to say that, you may as well just state your intended level. Pisses me off when I have to call them and ask what level they are going to (and they know I'm there as traffic as centre told them) - if they stated their level I'd know if they were going to be climbing through mine or not. Sometimes centre can't pass all the info, and sometimes they depart before getting on to centre. You can't rely on centre calls to tell you what level they are going to when their only communication has been on the ctaf.
Next time I go flying below 10,000 and there's a big thing flying round that is a flight level machine, I'm telling them I'm "climbing altitudes", afterall it's the same logic isn't it, just in reverse?

And now a return to track with no further diversions required. Caution wake turbulence? Bit of a weird one in my books but if there's someone behind you who sounds like they have no clue (can pick them sometimes), well, a three second transmission isn't going to hurt. There are bigger things to worry about.