PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 6´5´´ too tall for heli ?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2003, 02:14
slamtofakie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snoop thank u sarboy

is there, now that you´ve lost your anonymity any pics of you on the web, or a pic of you in the cockpit ?
my grammar sucked, I guess it was late last night.....

@ sarboy:

I guess the only real chance as a tall person to fly whoppers is
the army.

first there´s all these hard tests. But if you get through this
parcours, and make a good medical then, your in.
perhaps it takes also a special approval, but if one really makes an effort, it should be possible.

of course the training helicopters will be uncomfort, but
if you make it all through the training, you can fly the biggies.
and there is really much room.not only the cargo section, but the cockpit, too....

i passed my A-levels in june 2000. then there was 2 friends that wanted to do the military service together with me.
first of course I checked If they´d let me run through the
"offiziersprüfzentrale" , but they won´t let me. they told me I was 2 cm to long, which is less than one inch.

then the guys and I served 10 months in a paratrooper unit.
I also had my 5 jumps out of the transall, was great.
one time I had the possibility to fly as a passenger in a CH53, I was at the KSK/calw these days and the commandos did theyr freefall parachute training. And I was absolutely stunned, cause
the pilots sat on thrones that had, like you mentioned, loads of leg,-and headroom.At this moment I really felt pi.ss.ed...

right about now i´m bringin forward a motion of reentry, flying service. If they´ll take me ( I´ll be 23 already next year ), it´d be great... if not......

Well I dunno yet....

perhaps I´l make the ATPL for fixedwing in a few years.
the prospects to get a job in this market are also bad, it´s a rigid biz, but i guess tryin to get into helicopter business one my own, bein my size (6´5´´),
without sufficiant (means LOADS of) funds is like a 9mm glock straight to the temple.

my opinion.

all right then, thanks everybody for reply, especially sarboy

cheers,

M