PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leave allocation 2015/6
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2015, 14:39
jack schidt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
from a distant and now brain washed memory....

The 30 days is UAE leave (law) and it is being applied to most pilots as there is a massive shortage of flight crew. The other 12 days is an excuse or offering for the reason that flight crew do not get the holiday days that are given to people in the offices, this is a bonus to you in the eyes of the Ivory tower, not a right.

I am staggered at the number of people I have spoken to of recent who are on the verge of pulling the ejector seat handle, it's not just rumour anymore but fact. Dilution of experience is the only way to solve the issue of lack of Captains and earlier upgrades, this will be fact shortly.

EMIRATES IS MOVING EVER CLOSER TO ASIA WITH ITS SAFETY STRATEGY AND CULTURE. There might be some free brand advertising on the NEWS before long if the hours increase and other considerations of desperate measures continue.

The really really sad thing is that I think the arrogant attitude from on high is that if there was a hull loss, they could recover from it. With this mighty brand name they will try to blame a poor, fatigued pilot who was overworked and lacking having a humane life. The drive for profit line is not increasing as fast as the risk of a hull loss is going up in my opinion.

As someone said before, this is fast becoming the worst decision I ever made in my career.

J