PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay to fly,
Thread: Pay to fly,
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2015, 13:36
Deep and fast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It it easy to dumb down the description of any career if you really feel bitter enough or just cruel, for example.

Accountants are calculator operators
Barristers are just good at arguements
Some company CEOs liars?, to both employees and even sometimes shareholders as I seem to remember one very large company in hot water over profit predictions recently

Maybe pilots were more "skygod" years ago with rubbish auto pilot systems, less reliable aircraft and non precision approaches, but equally, they were much better rested, considerably less concentration of traffic, much better paid so less financial stress and had the respect of their company and colleges. All leading to a work environment with less external stressors which can only enhance safety.

Now days, you have tiredness(you can't call it fatigue as the duty is legal so you must have not managed your rest ) financial pressures ie they have just closed your base and your living in a B and B while trying to move your family till they close your new base etc, close to maximum hours per year all in some of the busiest airspace in the world!

So really we are "new skygod", one that can be treated like poop, doesn't seem to need sleep, can operate to a high standard day in day out while under huge external stress ie redundancy or financial ie pay to fly and still smile and bring the pax home safe day in day out.

If the definition of this is driver, then I guess I'm a driver.

Ps I don't always smile.....

Last edited by Deep and fast; 4th Feb 2015 at 14:31.