PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 4th Feb 2015, 13:14
Rananim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So it will take a long time SS full nose down to get those elevators moving beyond the neutral position into nose down, and only then would the trim start to follow and start to trim nose down. There is no time to wait for that. Use the procedure which is established, and that one includes the use of manual trim.
Wow..This autotrim design is at the heart of it.The USE MANUAL TRIM didnt work for test pilots at Perpignan,it will hardly work for the LCD will it now?
If I handfly a B,I rest my thumb on the trim switch.Automatically.I dont think about it.Its a motor function.

An Airbus pilot can probably go a whole line career and never invoke law degradation and so never trim manually except twice a year in the sim.How easy then might it be to forget to use manual trim in a stall with no stick shaker and only that useless "stall,stall" going?Aural warnings get filtered out under stress.ECAM advisories,twenty at a time,not much good either.No stick shaker.Well,there isnt a stick...Nothing tactile,best channel of all under stress.

Trim down,stick down,reduce thrust mid-position..Just how difficult is it?Why the confusion?What can be done?