PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus laws: direct law
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2015, 12:40
AF330

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks a lot....

Ok, so: On ground, how much you move your stick directly determines how far the surfaces move. The roll spoilers work in tandem with the ailerons to give roll. When doing your control checks you get full deflection of the control surfaces for full stick deflection, so that you can check full, free, and correct movement.

Hmm... so the side-stick is proportional to the surfaces.
So deflection is how far the surfaces will move. Full stick deflection means that you have turned the stick as much as possible.

1) I have seen that after engines ON, the spoilers extend and retract. Is it during check-list? So to get full stick deflection, you need spoilers + ailerons?

2) But it is still controlled by ELAC and FAC, isn't it? But I am not able to get the difference between roll in flight and roll on ground...

Roll in flight: Spoilers + Ailerons, controlled by ELAC/FAC.
You turn the stick, the computers will give you the amount you asked for. (of course, under protections).

Roll on ground: Spoilers + Ailerons
You turn the stick, the computers will give you the amount you asked for.

Maybe I am not able to understand "deflection"....

Let's say you turn your stick 3° on the right on ground.
What will happen? The ailerons will be at 3°? What about spoilers?
On what If I do this in flight mode?

Do you mean to say that sticks are NOT proportional to the surfaces in ground mode? But it would mean that the computers are not giving what the pilots are asking for! (of course, I am talking under protections)