PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 4th Feb 2015, 09:38
Dougie M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back "Down South"

The thirty year rule of confidentiality has now been lifted on the other side of Op Corporate and a little known or quietly hushed number of tales have emerged. The joint commanders in 1982 discovered that the long range C130 fleet could do all sorts of new things and this energised the imagination of the Senior Commanders' brains. An amazing number of suggestions for objectives came forward ranging from the daring to the outright barmy. All have heard of the alleged "one way" trip to Pebble Island and some years later in the Cameroons I asked a certain "Kiwi" if the plan really was to "slot" the crew to maintain the integrity of the mission. He was evasive in his reply which was chilling. That and other Spec Ops have been reported in a book written by Ewen Southby-Tailyour who was a beachmaster at San Carlos.
This thread is too restrictive to elaborate on the Dark Side of Op Corporate so I advise eager readers to check out Exocet Falklands - Untold Special Operations on Amazon. Find out what really happened. Thirty years on! Where did it go
Thanks Coff for the Art Work and AA I'm glad you didn't mention the oven (sorry about that)

Last edited by Dougie M; 4th Feb 2015 at 09:42. Reason: omission