PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA commercial maneuvers clarification needed please
Old 3rd Feb 2015, 20:30
piperboy84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Give you all a laugh, this afternoons lesson was on Fundamentals Of Instruction where the instructor explained that students motivation and feelings will be impaired if he/she realizes the instructor is teaching erroneous data. So not missing a chance to mess with the instructor I told here I was feeling unmotivated, lacking in confidence and completely devoid of self worth (as per the FOI) as I believed she was teaching me false information as the Pivotal "altitude" is actually a height ! we had a laugh and she dragged some poor schmuck who is sitting in the back of our class who just failed his checkride up to the white board to "teach" why we do 8 around plyons and pivotal altitude. He went into to a long explanation about how to shoot a 50 caliber out of a chopper on a fixed target during the Vietnam war (with the need to hold the pivotal altitude for aiming the gun) then said it was an "absolute" altitude which is AGL.

Right,, breaks over, back to touchy feely school ,,, i mean FOI