PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New GCAA Flight Time Limitations - It Could Not Be Any Worse
Old 3rd Feb 2015, 11:25
lowstandard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm with you 100% Marcellus, I think its good that everyone gets this figured out so we are all clear.

I think that Note 3 means you are not considered operating crew while in the rest facility (augmenting or operating ).

Therefore "The duration of the flight rest time is not to be included in the flight time cumulative limits, but will be included in the Flight Duty Period Duty Time for cumulative limits consideration."

So time in the bunk is included for flight DUTY PERIOD time, say ULR 22hr.

Bunk time will not count towards flight time cumulative time, similar to factoring but now using actual time in the seat for both sectors.

So on a 20hr duty period, you may only get 7hrs of time towards your absolute limits (900 hrs etc) for the time you were in the seat (stick) but your Flight Duty Period takes into account both bunk and stick time (for discretion etc).

Our flight time reports on the portal show full stick time for operating sector and whatever hours you sat in the seat on the augment sector. The way I understand it it will now show whatever hours you sit in the seat as your flight time towards your absolute limits.

Its how I understand it and more than willing to be corrected and should make for a good question during the ball washing exercise with management during ground school.

Marcellus, I follow you but what Rogerwilco is saying agrees with what I have been hearing from good sources.