PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JETGO Cancel Sydney - Roma - Sydney
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2015, 10:45
Dash8capt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been a supporter of Jetgo since they started the process towards charter ops but the second time pulling out of an RPT route in just a few months is unnaceptable and shows a lack of experience in THIS type of operation. Before someone jumps and and says blah blah operated this and that, I am aware of who the management team are and their experience.

"Difficult to obtain corporate support" - rewards/frequent flyer program and reliable service. I understand this one is difficult and in the past has been a sore point for smaller airlines.

"6 months before flights would break even" - it's RPT, wear it. If you'd like to compete against the big boys be prepared to hold out. 6 months at your current growth rates and with the current marketing, Id say you'd be blessed if you achieved it. Imagine what you could do with Nulli's gun marketing team

These items and the numerous other ones which go with jetgos rpt dreams have been evident since day one, these aren't exactly issues which just pop up out of the blue. If you didn't know this would be the case

I hope the other routes provide what the company needs but if the lessons aren't learnt...