PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Experience, the priceless asset
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2015, 10:28
Fox3WheresMyBanana

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Earmuffs! 42DD earmuffs

The first, and most important, lesson is that no education system can be better than the quality of its teachers.
The second lesson of world class education systems is that they devolve as much power as possible to the front line.
We know that among undergraduates considering teaching, fear of bad behaviour and violence is the most common reason for choosing an alternative career.

This isn't me repeating myself, it's the summary of a Government report from 2010 signed by DC and NC.

But it isn't what happens!

Despite their obsession with them, the Government, DfE, etc deliberately fail to set targets for things they know very well they can't achieve. All these words are just that, nothing but words.
500 Schools in England and Wales do not have a single physics teacher. 1/3 of physics lessons are not taken by physicists. The Government is offering golden hellos of £25,000, and this year's recruitment to teacher training is....67% of target. Of course there isn't an official target, but that number comes from the requirement on the outsourced recruiters.

And of course, the ones that are being recruited are replacing people retiring . Experience is dropping faster than a Led Zeppelin.
Now, what's the experience picture in other occupations like?

We need more teachers, and we need them now | Education | The Guardian

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...29/CM-7980.pdf

I'm here all day!
since 57cm of snow fell last night, the blizzard has forced all the plows of the road, and the RCMP advice is...

RCMP PEI Traffic @RCMPPEITraffic · 1h 1 hour ago
Go ahead..hit that SNOOZE BUTTON. You have our permission. Roll over stay in the bed it's not pretty out here. It's a BLIZZARD. Cst. Parsons
We are off the road folks, can't get through the snow... PLEASE DO NOT Venture outside at this time until conditions improve.