PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ex-GR Nav, Wg Cdr (Retd) Paul Smyth, to run for Parliament
Old 2nd Feb 2015, 20:26
dragartist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haraka, Re your #82.
Do you recall the "Dead Ferret in Blue" reports in the Hunts Post of the same era as your Donkey sketch? That caused quite a fuss and rumbled on for quite a time. I think it even prompted me to contribute to the HP letters page as I have on several occasions. most famously on Alconbury runway not being exploited due to poor transport links and noisy aircraft. Almost 20 years on I don't see many of the jobs promised.

The lady opposite me was one of his canvassers. the night he was elected she received a visitation as he wanted to personally thank all his supporters. I looked out of the bedroom window and thought it was the men in the black Omega coming for me after midnight! Surprisingly this was on the Oxmoor estate!!

JM is several orders of magnitude better than the current incumbent. He was on first name terms with my daughter when he called in at Hodsons chip shop on a Friday night until a year or so ago.

Wander, I concur. He and Norma did quite a lot for the local community. I was involved in school governing and other community work at the time and met Norma on a number of occasions.

Last edited by dragartist; 4th Feb 2015 at 20:01. Reason: r added following the advise of some dirty minded bar steward