PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEATHROW
Thread: HEATHROW
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2015, 18:10
Mr Mac

Received 167 Likes on 102 Posts
Nigel Osborne / Shed
EC Harrris do have a good reputation as PM on foreign projects and indeed I have worked with them on some, but their star does wane a little on UK projects, probably due to political interference and enquiries. We seem incapable of keeping projects on budget in the UK as we never ever seem to reach a stage of design freeze, be it a school, an airport, or rail link, we just keep adding extras which are priced by the contractor accordingly.

Personally I do not want much more spending in the SE, I do not want HS2 as the saving of 20min on a fast train to London would spoil breakfast. HS3 is not required we just need longer trains so people do not have to stand on their trans Pennine journeys every day. It is just a joke what politicians think we want and they just get bemused by numbers

Shed
Your post of the 2.2.15 is excellent and just about sum,s up the feeling in the regions'. I will be sending to my MP for comment today, and will await the normal garbled reply of sound bites, and posturing (he is a Conservative incidentally).

Regards
Mr Mac

Last edited by Mr Mac; 3rd Feb 2015 at 07:28. Reason: Just read shed post 2.2.15