PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kenya Airways AB Initio Pilot Recruitment
Old 2nd Feb 2015, 17:27
odericko2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ Trackdiamond

Im good ol' mate, i hope you are a'ok yourself.

Personally i felt the fair was not too bad, though the presenters were abit evasive on questions with regards to lifestyle in Doha, and why their package was significantly lower than their gulf counterparts. Overall it didn't elicit much excitement amongst the KQ jockeys. If there are to be any takers of the "Cutter Ayways" offer, my guess would be on the 737 left seat drivers. The non type rated DEC 787 seemed to be the best offer in the house. Maybe a few E jet guyz might consider the A320 DEC. Beyond that i cant see other guyz moving.

Most Experienced 777 skippers are very close to retirement, and feel relocation at this time of their careers isn't worth the hustle. The relatively newer T7 skippers do not have the requisite 1,000 hours on type to be considered for type rated DEC's, and as far as i know the 3 year bonding period is a deal breaker for them. 787 drivers both right and left seat, seem to be happy with their new jet, and the fact that they have one of the most sought after rating in the industry, if they should have to move jobs.
That leaves the E jet and the 737, most of the right seat guyz on these two fleets barely meet the QR requirements, and the left seat guyz are only keen to move onto the left.

There might be a few takers but mainly from the narrow body, i doubt any widebody drivers are willing to risk the jump.

Cheers