PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help out a fellow pilot?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2015, 11:18
Thomas coupling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

Sorry Totti, I'm not your run of the mill "Lemming" I'm afraid. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and waddles like a duck - its a fu**ing duck!
These 'well intentioned' "SAFC's" need a lesson in humility. We (in the helicopter fraternity) aren't all the same and I would suggest they look at the definition again, of: Perspective.
Here's an example:
"a sensible way of judging and comparing situations so that you do not imagine that something is more serious than it really is: .."

Beth is now up to $18,000 dollars and counting! Absolutely amazing - strangers giving to a complete stranger because she lost her belongings in the back of a van! ONLY the yanks......................

Having just looked again at this crowdsourcing web site - surely it is a scam site?
How is this site policed?
Just read one of the latest: Get this, a guy walks to work, its a 23 mile journey of which he does 16 miles in a bus and 7 on foot. Please help buy this guy a CAR, why don't we??? Poor guy has to walk 7 miles because he wants to work at this place where there is no bus stop nearby??
$4000 dollars and counting guys!!!
What's wrong with him buying a push bike FFS??? What's the point if lemmings all around the world will croudsource and buy him a brand new car???

http://www.gofundme.com/l7jato

The list goes on and on and on. Some very caring and charitable subject, but occasionally indispersed with what I can only describe as BO**OCKS!

Could this crwodsourcing become a pandemic - I think I'll register as suffering from a pandemic in that case - pleas help me, I need a 4 week holiday in GOA because of the stress I have to endure experiencing all these SCAMS!