PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlines that have its pilots pay to fly
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2015, 07:46
bringbackthe80s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bringbackthe80s. It is not capitalism pure and simple. Every company in every industry in the western world is working within a capitalist system but they do not all screw their workforce to maximise profit. It is airlines with their partners who have deliberately created an over supply of pilot fodder whilst making a profit doing it then using that over supply to screw the rest. That is market manipulation and is exactly what did for the finance industry in the end.
Really? oh so I' m sure the jeans or the t-shirt you are wearing were made by happy workers on a really nice contract with good pensions waiting for them in a few decades. Not by overworked, rightless south asian possibly underaged poor people. But sure plenty of company in the western world wouldn't use such factories, they wouldn't shut production in the west to maximise it in 3rd world countries. And surely the system we created doesn't allow it does it.
And frankly, when you have a little glimpse at these realities, then pay to fly as bad as it is, comes at least well after other problems doesn't it...And like I said before all of these things are a consequence of the same source, they are all connected. You can't fight pay to fly under the very system that encourages it.