PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No "boots on the ground" ?
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2015, 23:15
WE Branch Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by orca
My personal opinion is that this is one for information ops above all else. Quite how we have let some barbaric murderers, who are self proclaimed jihadis - murder countless Muslims without being brave enough to point it out is beyond me.

We let these idiots broadcast the bile that accompanies their videos without challenging them - other than our posh man in a suit who talks (laughably) of bringing them to justice. We let them talk of revenge for air strikes but they accepted ransoms for some hostages...seems incoherent. They talk of a caliphate but are murdering Muslims...seems incoherent. They say they are Muslims, but murder women and children...seems incoherent.

Where's our info ops campaign? 'You want to go overseas and behead Muslims in the name of Muslims? Would you mind expanding on the idea because to us it seems a little odd?'
I thought back to this last week when Channel Four news interviewed somebody who had gone as a volunteer to fight against the Assad regime in Syria, before ISIL came to the force, and left due to his disgust an unislamic things happening. He had been recently contacted by the Police, and treated with suspicion, which made him less willing to cooperate with the authorities.

Why are people like him not being encouraged to spread the anti ISIL word?