PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 6
Thread: Aer Lingus - 6
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2015, 21:39
Jamie2k9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kavanagh could be a death knell for EI. He has no vision and operates as the worse kind of bean counter.

-3 years ago he refused to upgrade Y product on T/A routes.
-He is behind the "Choice seats" misleading option on the A330.
-The new J Class service revamp is not getting any extra budget due to him.
-He refuses to allow J Class pax to have complimentary inflight products (ie, tea/coffee) on Shorthaul EI flights.
-He has continually refused to allow a revamp of the GC system to allow points accrual for all flights booked.
-He is being credited with the successful T/A operation out of DUB. I know for a fact that the current DUB as a hub business model was presented to Mueller in Oct 2009 by a frontline staffer. AS the staff member made the presentation Kavanagh was smirking away until Mueller responded positively to the staff member.
-In one meeting he refused to accept Australian and Thai Govt figures for Irish tourists/workers into their countries as reflective of the demand for traffic to these destinations. "my figures are correct"
He wouldn't be my choice either!

Conor McCarthy (Head of Dublin Aerospace) in todays Sunday Indo thinks similarly....he is saying if he was the 25.11% shareholder he would be pushing for EUR 2,75
I think they could of got it to. Besides the price IAG will have a lot of work to do to secure EI and currently I don't expect it to happen. Question is do they need EI that much they will give the Government everything they want and provided it's legally workable to get approval.