PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help and Advice required
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2015, 19:17
RogueAgent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help and Advice required

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and i am hoping that you guys would be able to answer a few questions of mine.

First, let me introduce myself. I am Rifad and I am currently living in Doha,Qatar. I am 16 years old( Will be turning 17 in May) and I am studying in an Indian school. I am an aviation enthusiast and I have a dream to become a commercial pilot. The only thing stopping me from achieving this dream of mine are my parents who are too afraid of the risk involved in flying.

Anyways, on to my questions:

I am interested in studying at Oxford Aviation Academy or CTC Wings which are both based in the UK. Their entry requirements state that I have to have the right to live and work in the UK. What does this mean? Does it mean I have to have a British passport or a tier 4 student visa would be enough to grant me this right?

Is it better to do an ATPL or MPL which is sponsored by an airline. Many of you know that CTC and Virgin have partnered to offer an MPL course for students and I am interested in it. Though I doubt my job opportunities. I would like to know your thoughts on the ATPL and MPL courses.

What exactly is type rating and where can you get it from? Do airlines hire pilots with no type rating?

And my last question, If you know of good aviation academies outside the UK please let me know. And to all the pilots out there who read this thread, please tell me where you studied and if you have some blog detailing your studies and life, please direct me to them.