PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2015, 15:21
Jamie2k9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do you fix that? People absolutely won't pay more to fly, they just choose the cheaper competitor, I think the truth is, the fault lies with the consumer, *us*.
Fair point however carriers like EK I can't see them being to concerned about handling costs. Keeping passengers on an aircraft for 4 hours before you get off the ground and then many will be connecting past DXB isn't really acceptable. We are not talking about an EZY or FR flight to Europe where it wouldn't be acceptable but if you fly with those but it's likely something that can be expected.

And deicing is NOT the responsibility of the airport so no use use moaning about them. It's down to the handling agent. If there's not enough equipment operated or staff employed by the handling agent then ultimately it's down to each airline's executives who want all the things in the world whilst paying the barest minimum on contracts which results in scrimping and saving done by the handling agents.
Is MAN substantially under staffed for the level of contracts each handling companies have as this does not happen at other airports in the UK. So why is this do they have very tolerant passengers?, are they overstaffed for the level of work load required? or do passengers expect it because it's not a major airport like MAN?

As for the general snow closures, we saw a post recently showing off all the investment MAN made yet it was still closed for a substantial period of time. Do people believe the airport were adequately prepared?

On a general note how many handlers are based at MAN as I will agree having to many handlers can result in a poor level of service to everybody even staff employed.

Dublin have over 120 vehicles for snow-clearing and de-icing equipment. How does MAN compare when they handle more passengers and have a second runway.

Edit - According to Man Evening News they have over 40. There is the problem..

Last edited by Jamie2k9; 1st Feb 2015 at 15:38.