PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlines that have its pilots pay to fly
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2015, 13:24
Deep and fast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Company executives have one duty only: to maximise profit for the company (and by extension the shareholders). They can do this through any legal means available to them. Morality doesn't come into it. If I were an airline CEO, you can be damn sure I'd be paying pilots a hell of a lot less than we are currently paid. There'd still be a herd of 18-25 year olds queuing round the block for a shot at a job, so there'd certainly be absolutely no problem filling the seats.

Quote:
These sharp employment practises place an unacceptable strain on PEOPLE!
Why should the company care? It's simply not their problem. It is called free market capitalism. Everyone has the option to work hard, go off and get an MBA, and try to get a job making megabucks as a CEO, and join the gravy train.

Nobody is forcing anyone to be a pilot. If someone feels that the employment practices will place an unacceptable strain on them, they are quite within their rights to find another career which doesn't present such a problem.
Well if the ceos want to b so militant in the treatment of their staff in an unionised industry then I guess we have to be militant in return.

Industrial action is the answer if john smith is correct Ian's the constant attack is to be stopped.