PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ex-GR Nav, Wg Cdr (Retd) Paul Smyth, to run for Parliament
Old 1st Feb 2015, 10:41
Flap62

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am also rather hesitant to get involved in an anonymous debate about politics and personalities and it is appreciated that Ms Gardner has come on here to defend her position, but....

I was in charge of all RAF transport and refuelling assets worldwide at the time of 9/11
That is not bigging up one's CV, that is quite simply a lie to make her look more important. Ms Gardner, you were not "in charge", you simply were part of a very large team involved in the day to day running of some operations with responsibility to senior officers above you for that management role. Like many other posters on here I have, in the past, programmed, phase run, been duty authorising officer with direct responsibility for day to day flying on a Sqn (oh, and occasionally flew too!). In no way would I ever say I was "in charge" of a Sqn despite arguably having more direct control over the assets "under my command" than you had.

While other parts of your "CV" could be excused as being slight hyperbole, that part above is simply an untruth and leads me to question your integrity (not that integrity is in any way a requirement for a Member of Parliament).