PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ex-GR Nav, Wg Cdr (Retd) Paul Smyth, to run for Parliament
Old 31st Jan 2015, 23:57
Skeleton

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
I was there as a PFOM when the Flight Operations Officer role was introduced and they initially received no training on how Operation rooms, Squadron Ops etc went about there business. Little surprise then they generally floundered when expected to supervise a Station Operations room etc. What ever training they had in my experience had also made them adverse to learning about the workings of TG9 and the role of a AATC within it, the very people they were supposed to supervise.
Fast promotion was available in a new trade, I have no idea of the criteria but the more "experienced" IE failures from other trades did appear to be the ones promoted first.
I remember the prospective Candidate for Gloucester well, not surprised she has chosen to describe herself as a "Air Operations Officer" because she ticked all of the above boxes and then some, libel laws prohibited me from posting what i actually think about her performance.