PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlines that have its pilots pay to fly
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2015, 23:35
Deep and fast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beazebub, I do agree with you but my problem is that corporate management greed has become endemic. How much is Caroline mcwhatsherface earning, share and dividend payouts?

There is a new greed that has taken over and it's not about profitability in a difficult market place. It is a white collar/blouse greed based on over the staff.
As I said on a previous post, victorian practices have returned and a union of almighty proportions is needed to swing the pendulum. I am not a union fan and found my Balpa subs to be a total waste of cash.
Maybe the answer is a totally new pilot Union with 100% of UK pilots as members for lobbing purposes and group action. Bonding pilots or even making them pay at cost only would seem a minimum but huge sums for the profit of a certain training provider, not on I think. Again it's all about a feast at the trough and the piggies remain hungry. And the stupid, rich or just desperate are easy pickings. Any one remember Fred the Shread?

Interesting program on BBC The super rich and us, about how we don't tax the mega rich too much as they are perceived to create drip down of cash into the bigger society. Well it seems the cash drips more sideways than down. The rich are getting richer and the poor poorer. Middle class was the driver of society due to the large numbers of reasonably good earners paying a large amount of tax.

Low cos are making money, the profits are tangible and not wafer thin. This is accountancy. Find a cost and then find a way to cut it to the bone.

If you want a career in aviation, then the tide of fresh meat has to be stemmed. It's not about pay to fly it's about pay us and stop lying.

Jeez I've gone right off on one tonight!