PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What do i do now?
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2003, 19:24
Rote 8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Liz

Welcome onboard – I also note that you are from my part of the world. It is always nice to see Shropshire based pilots on here; most appear to be from more southerly latitudes.

I do not know where you fly from, but I have a short shortlist. Reading between the lines of your post, as others have there is an implication that you have a reluctance to go back to your previous club and I suspect that you feel that the previous club did not suit you.

As foxmoth points out 2 months is not a long break, I had a 3 month gap immediately following my first solo (working out of the country), but it only took a few lessons to get myself back up to solo standard again.

The most important thing, I think it to find a club that you are happy with. Take a day and visit some of the local clubs and talk to the instructors and the staff behind the desk there, do they seem friendly and receptive? Are they reasonable priced? Have a look at the aircraft – wings held on with duck tape? – That will be my club!

Remember that for the moment at least you are probably doing this for a hobby (and an expensive one at that). If you are spending all that money and dedicating your time to something outside of work then you are entitled to be enjoying yourself.

As Whirly points out a different field may mean different procedures to learn, perhaps not ideal whilst getting back up to speed but it may prove good experience in the longer term.

Whatever you do make sure that you get back on the horse and have fun. Let us know how you get on.