PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff Heliport closing
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2015, 16:24
Helinut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not wishing to extend the thread creep, but Haverfordwest IS open at weekends. It is just NOT licensed.

Going back to Cardiff, my experience was that it was quite useful for those who used it. However, aside from Rugby matches, FA Cup Finals when Wembley was closed, it was never very busy.

The airport is a disaster for GA. Can't recall ever going in there with a hele. Does anyone have any experiences?

However, the Council have paid for the heliport and it would be a shame to lose it: it is in a wonderful position for getting into Cardiff. Does anyone know the background? I thought the second version of Veritair got taken over by Patriot. At one stage, they seemed to want to take over the World (or a least most of the UK). Julian will no doubt want to retire by now, but they could have got someone else to front it up.

I did speculate about a float-equipped flying school being based there........... I am out of touch these days, but I guess the PPL training market is not very lively.

Last edited by Helinut; 30th Jan 2015 at 16:33. Reason: Added musings about future use of Cardiff Heliport