PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Caution wake turbulence"
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2015, 08:32
Oktas8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't believe there is even a discussion about what is really a comment "Be careful behind me bro, you may end up dead" when the captain of a heavy aircraft thinks it may be warranted.
That's a fair comment where the captain knows that the other pilot is incompetent in this subject area, or where the the captain can see there is something obviously wrong.

Otherwise, to be quite consistent, the captain really ought to broadcast warnings about cloud and engine failures, because those factors kill more people than wake turbulence encounters.

jas24zzk Where please does it specify a wake turbulence separation standard for a heavy following a medium? I think you're making stuff up! (Insert joke emoticon here.)

There-in lies the problem Oktas...you DO not know the experience level of the other guy.
Neither do you. Any assimption made is just an assumption, unless backed up by evidence. That is, evidence that the guy is a newbie student, or evidence that he really is actually turning base too close to the preceding traffic.

Or, evidence that wake turbulence encounters are actually a statistically evident problem in GA in this country. Otherwise, it's all about assumptions and non-evidence-backed willy waving.