PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 30th Jan 2015, 07:50
NigelOnDraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Healy
While not on the 320, I do fly airbus and maybe its worth putting some points out regarding the last bit of leaked info. My interpretation may not be perfect and may even be incorrect for the 320 however...

The airbus does not have Circuit Breakers (except for a number in the Electrical Control Area beneath the cockpit). The airbus has Reset buttons. Wether you want to argue that its the same thing but that's what they are called. It allows the many multitude of computers that run the different systems to be disconnected, then after resetting allow a boot up of the system.
I presume you are 330 or 340?

340 IIRC just had the small panel above/behind the overhead panel, and were mostly/only "resets". A320 series has this, but also has the whole rear wall of the cockpit as CB panels - and most of these I think are normal CBs? Often have to reset "CBs", iaw FCOM, and FCOM is clear some are CBs (wiring protection) and some are reset buttons. FCOM also clear as to what / where you can reset.

A quick look does not reveal FACs as items to be reset, especially airborne. ELACs and SECs can be reset, albeit only one at a time. In my Airbus time, the emphasis has shifted from "keep resetting" things to rest only when specifically required by that table. I am very clear with my colleague as to what is being done, why and by whom - and if in doubt do not rest / play.

Last edited by NigelOnDraft; 30th Jan 2015 at 09:16. Reason: Corrections (thanks Roo!)