PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 30th Jan 2015, 03:13
Machinbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ventus45
Machinbird, I do not understand the rationalle of the logic in play here.

"Please Explain".
I'm not really qualified to answer other than to offer philosophy. I've never flown an Airbus, just read up on the systems. I'm just one of those real old steam gage jet pilots who has a bit of a knack for systems.
Take HEALY's points on Airbus computer re-set philosophy and consider that Airbus engineers gave the computers dominance over the pilots in their operational concept. That you and I think this is foolish has no bearing on what has transpired already. We may only be able to influence what direction future aircraft designs take.

I suspected early on that QZ8501 was going to be a man/machine authority horror story and so far, I am not dissuaded from that viewpoint.

I'd like to point out that without the FDR data, we readers do not know when the FAC shutdown attempt occurred relative to the flight control problems. The sooner they can publish the FDR readouts, the sooner we can begin to properly wrap our minds around what caused this accident.