PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlines that have its pilots pay to fly
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2015, 23:21
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gilles Hudicourt - First I agree your experience and career progression is as it should be.

If you think P2F is bad and lacking experience, then you should review some of the new cadets coming trough integrated flight schools!

As some mentioned the market in Euro-Land is very different then other countries, GA is expensive, and there is no gentle progression trough various levels of jobs!

It's to expensive for the Lo-Co's to have experienced FO's working for them, only when they lacking Captains they discover this.

I talked few weeks ago with a line trainer who had a cadet with total time of 90 hours, from MPL course. Never one hours of Solo flight, and in few months he will be FO on the line with a major EU airline.

So in that context the whole discussion of the P2F's experience becomes irrelevant, as the P2F pilots will most likely have more experience and more diverse experience, as the entry level is normally higher.

Again I do not agree with P2F, however to say that these pilots are less able then a Cadet gone trough a big FTO and put direct into an airline without any outside experience is wrong.

The training in many of these companies are geared towards these Cadets, and I guess the accident history within EU does not really show any increase in incidents or accidents, that supports that this is dangerous.
Europe is probably the safest airspace in the world.