PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2015, 14:26
searching904

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi all,

I don't really know how to ask for advice without this being a fairly long post, so I apologize in advance if it gets lengthy. I also apologize if this is the wrong place to ask about such things.

Basically, I've changed career direction after gaining 'life experience' and finding out the career I was pursuing earlier, wasn't for me. I've always wanted to fly. However after taking this break and deciding what my options were along with research etc etc etc (PM me if you need more info, I'm trying to keep this relatively to-the-point) The BA FPP looks like possibly the best route into commercial aviation available.

From what I understand, you can apply three times and most candidates that were accepted, weren't accepted on their first 'go'. As in the posts above, the applications will open 23rd Feb. Here's my problem:

For me, it's bad timing. Just through luck, I've essentially got about a month to put together an application. I really am determined to put together a stellar application, but I feel I wouldn't be able to make the best application with only a month of prep. So basically, I'd love to apply to this amaing opportunity, but I don't want to 'waste' one of my three tries on what may be not the best-prepared application.

Should I apply, and use the experience to help my further applications if it opens again (not guaranteed at all, I know) or wait and submit my best work to the next one possibly 1-2 years down the line, if at all?

Thanks in advance, I've tried to keep it brief (and failed) if anyone has any pointers for me or would like to know more, PM me please. It probably comes across as something I've not considered totally or jumped on at a whim, but it isn't at all, I've just left lots of stuff out so to avoid an absolute wall of text