PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Ground Engineers Strike?
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2003, 16:07
eng1170

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
60k!!!!

I think if that was the offer it would have unanimously gone the other way!! That'll do nicely thanks

I think even the crews will tell you there is more to maintenance than "chocking aeroplanes", why, oh why is there this misconception that we are just an oily rag?

oh, oh - "on soap box",

The crews that I deal with are great, I've learned alot from them and I know a few of them have been surprised by a few of the things I've shown them about there machine. But on the other hand I've been in situations where I've been ignored whilst on the flight deck and had cabin crew give myself and colleagues looks that are not just offensive but extremely unprofessional.

How about more time spent looking over an aircraft in bits, and a chance to talk to engineers. After all CRM is a big thing these days, and surely the engineeer has a part to play in the safe operation of the aircraft. Maybe a couple of hours during basic training with an engineer where both parties can ask questions and maybe understand each others roles a bit better would help to quash this "them and us" relationship.

sorry folks - now "off soap box"!!

How do you flight crew percieve the engineer and do you think we deserve better pay? As a licensed eng pay seems to vary from place to place ranging between 30k-40k, is this enough? I am in the bottom end of this band!

The above grumble fortunately applies only to a small minority, so I apologise to all the good guys and girls I've had the pleasure to work with - we are here to help you and make your life easier, and safer so,........ Be Nice To The Engineer!!!

Eng