PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 29th Jan 2015, 12:43
kilwhang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Changi

Null Orifice,

NEAF amended to FEAF. I knew what I meant to type but, having done a tour at Akrotiri in the early 70's, I just got it wrong.

Here is the complete Changi map:

As you can see the quality isn't too good because of the size restraints. However, I do have it in high quality .pdf form and will willingly send it to anyone who asks.

Brian,

The hospital is in pretty poor state (it has been closed since 1977) but it is easily accessible. I think it is, probably, that the handling agent is ethnic Chinese.
Singapore Chinese are convinced that the hospital is haunted. During the annual 'Month of the Ghosts' lots of young Chinese gather in the hospital courtyard, lighting candles and burning joss sticks in an attempt to exorcise the ghosts.
In 2010 a Singapore film company was given permission to film in the hospital. They were making a feature called 'Haunted Changi'. Strange things happened during the filming and most of the crew got sick. This just increased the belief in the ghosts.
You can read about the filming here:
HAUNTED CHANGI - About the Film

More pics later.