PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 29th Jan 2015, 11:54
MAINJAFAD

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
And your favourite colour scheme AA62

Although I'm not quite sure about lugging Bloodhound Missiles around in the back of Albert

Image Credit : See URL Below (More Pics)

RAF C-130K Hercules Britmodeller.com

Best regards ...

Coff.

PS. Sadly I'm unable to give named credit to the skilled modellers who's work appears above so, in the circumstances, I have done my best to credit their work with the references givenquote]
Coff, RAF Bloodhound Mk 2's were shifted on C-130 on a very regular between 1970 and 1983 seeing that no missile servicing facilities were located in West Germany. The majority of the moves to and from the far east were most likely getting them back for 4th line modifications and return. Missiles coming back to be fired at Aberporth and the final withdraw of equipment in 1968-70. The problem with that model is the missile is a Mk 1 and that was withdrawn from service by the RAF before the Herc was in service. However making a diorama of out of the old airfix Herc kit with the Bloodhound Mk1 loaded can be done if you paint the Herc in early RAAF Markings. The RAAF did move their Mk 1 missiles on the loading trolley in their C-130s between 30 Sqn's main base at Williamtown and a missile det at Darwin (I've got photos of them doing it somwwhere).

Last edited by MAINJAFAD; 29th Jan 2015 at 12:07.