PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 29th Jan 2015, 11:39
NigelOnDraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GF

but scary at the same time
I would not suggest you need to be

If pilots on such a professional forum start interpreting things
I would not assume many of the posters have done much flying outside MS Sim I can claim to be a 14000hr ex-RAF FJ A320 Captain, but so can they?

The takeaway for me from all these discussions is that nobody really knows how an Airbus is programmed
In software terms, no we do not. But in flying terms, we do not need to in practical terms?

Why is that an Airbus always stalls during turbulent weather
Any aircraft will stall if you pull the stick back and hold it there and the aircraft does not stop you

...and does not allow pilots to get back the control?
It does, but you need to correctly interpret the situation (known as "SA"), and apply the correct procedures - but if you had that SA / knowledge, it is unlikely you would be in the situation on the first place. Catch 22

I, for one, will never fly an Airbus again
I would say an irrational decision. Boeings also crash for "Human Factors". If you want something to be concerned about, it is the "dumbing down" of pilots, their training and role (which the Airbus I will agree is a step towards), "Pay to Fly" etc.