PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 29th Jan 2015, 09:12
HeavyMetallist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Machinbird
Quote:
Suppose the FACs remained engaged in Normal Law and failed to detect a failure of that system. Could the FAC system then activate overspeed protection without an actual overspeed?
I think I misunderstood what you were suggesting had failed; by "failure of that system" I thought you were referring to the system(s) that was applying Normal Law,whereas I now think you're referring to the FAC not detecting a fault within itself? So your scenario would be:
  1. ELACs/SECs working normally, in Normal Law
  2. Controlling FAC suffers a failure, but doesn't detect that failure
  3. As a consequence of the failure, the controlling FAC signals an overspeed condition
  4. ELACS/SECs carry out pull-up manoeuvre

Quote:
As to the exact manner the FACs interface with the ELACs and SECs, my reading of FCOM indicates that it is the FACs that have the function of monitoring the flight envelope and invoking the protections (among other functions). The ELACs and SECs would then implement the response. Take a look at FCOM 1.22.40 Auto Flight-Flight Augmentation-and see if you read it that way.
I agree with your interpretation.