PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlines that have its pilots pay to fly
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2015, 09:06
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gilles Hudicourt:

Unfortunately the basis of your argument is wrong. I too agree P2F is the cancer of this business, however to claim that the people who do P2F are not made to jump trough the same hoops are wrong.

Many of the P2F schemes I have heard about, don't simply allow you in just because you have a licence and the money!
You still need to pass normal selection tests, normal sim sessions, OPC, LPC, Line checks etc.

The P2F has simply made you bypass the rest.

I have heard of P2F guys being chopped for not being good enough, failing to meet required standards. One of the guys I heard about was doing it for Lion Air via Eagle Jet.

So the argument that they are given an automatic pass inside just because they have paid is not correct.

You could claim the same about guys "buying themselves in" via flight schools like CTC, morally there is not much difference, as they are massively overpaying the flight school, but with a "guaranteed" job at the end of the line.

The maths does not work out very different if you consider what CTC cadet pays and gets paid in his first "guaranteed" job.

Some of these flight schools have now cornered the market, making it very difficult for pilots to get inside unless they have experience.

I would think a modular pilot training incl. TR and line training P2F, would probably cost the same as a CTC integrated pilot training with a job attached to it incl. the first 500 of line training with partner airline.

So attacking one minority, does not really hold grounds, unless you put the whole industry under scrutiny.

And with the increased popularity of the MPL with some airlines, you are opening a new can of worms!

Last edited by truckflyer; 29th Jan 2015 at 09:17.