PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 6
Thread: Aer Lingus - 6
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2015, 20:03
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canberra,
Re you post asking about the changes to Executive Club and Avios programme; I got email today. The communication is detailed and complicated in my view, meaning there is no 1 message except this; they say they are making extra seats or rather a dedicated number of seats per flights. For this guaranteed number there will be an impact to the club. Eg: different charges at seasonal times of the year and less costly at off peak times. There is some message about domestic flights but it is not at all clear if the £35 fare in Europe will be still available . This I find useful.

Slightly off topic; for me Avios is great if I need to go last minute say Belfast or Dublin - London. Typically I can get £35 return and 9000 avios. This beats last minute £300 fares etc. equally doing a one way Belfast - Dublin ( with a stop over in London) for 17.50 and 4500 avios, gets me a return flight to London for virtually nothing! However, booking long haul not good value , even using companion tickets earned on Amex.