PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mint Cinamon + Firefox won't open lottery site
Old 28th Jan 2015, 13:58
rans6andrew

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
this morning I just wanted to check the National Lottery website to see if it had rolled over enough to tempt me but I find that I can't get the website up. I am running the latest FF browser with adblocker on a Linux Mint (Cinamon version) which is the same as last time I did this, as far as I know.

Error info given:

============================================================

An error occurred during a connection to www.national-lottery.co.uk.

Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s).

(Error code: ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap)

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem. Alternatively, use the command found in the help menu to report this broken site.

============================================================

After trying this a few times I just thought I would check to see if it was a general problem or specific to my machine by going there on an Android tablet. It is fine on my tablet. Re-trying on the Linux machine shows that it is still U/S.

The Android tablet and the Linux machine share the same modem/wireless router/telephone line.

Any ideas?

Ta,

Rans6..................

ps - everything else seems to be fine on the Linux machine, I have just spent the best part of an hour delving into my on line bank account and had no problems with the security involved with that.

Rans6..........