PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 28th Jan 2015, 13:22
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is not Airbus bashing; it's not even FBW bashing, but....

There have been so many threads on here, before and after incidents/accidents, that I am curious about one point. The discussions about what might have happened, what did happen, what the pilot should have done, why they didn't do it, why they did something else or nothing, why they were confused etc. etc. mostly there has been no clear concise answer to these queries; and many AB training captains have been involved in the debate. There have been answers such as " it did exactly what it was supposed to do, but they didn't realise it."
The discussion going on now is how a pilot can take over and fly the a/c in the most basic manner and what its capabilities will be when you do so. And to a non-AB driver it is not clear. I really wonder if you put 100 experienced AB plots in a room, and through these type of questions at them, how many of them would come up with the correct answers. If less then 90 that is very worrying, and why do I expect that to be the case? Am I wrong? And how many would not understand the question?