PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlines that have its pilots pay to fly
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2015, 12:49
Bokkenrijder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ JS

I paid for my training through an unsecured loan, with absolutely no help from my parents (who wouldn't have been able to afford to help anyway) What I am is an ordinary line captain with a realistic take on things. It's not my problem if, as I suspect, you're too ignorant, pig-headed, or a combination of both to see the writing on the wall.
The big problem is that because of the cheap credit in the past, there are too many pilots with a blue collar background (and I don't mean this in an accusatory or insulting way) who have very little idea and grasp of The Big Picture. They swallow the usual propaganda of "investing in oneself" and management nonsense like "we have to stay competitive so you have to make sacrifices" like a giant blue pill because that's what their upbringing has taught them.

The "just shut up, do the work and keep a low profile" is the prevailing mentality what you see on factory floors and assembly lines all over the planet, and this is exactly what managers want, so I can understand why people accuse John Smith of being an management pilot.

They think that P2F or P4T is like the entry price in order to be in the white collar club. It's not! They will never be part of the white collar club because they decide to pay for their own white collar uniform and training and thus degrading it to a blue collar job.

Denying the deterioration in T&C's, wishful thinking that things will eventually stabilize or perhaps even improve, and thinking that as long as you don't rock the boat you can keep up the facade for the outside world (and the blue collar family members) is a foolish strategy.