PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Noise Abatement advice for Skydiving
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2015, 12:41
fa2fi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Doesn't bother me but the skydive plane near to us can be noisy. And in summer can go on until pretty late in the evening so I can understand where some people are coming from when they complain about the noise.

I live to the north of the field and last year was a good few miles to the south of the field. It seemed to be taking an alternative on each departure, one south then one North which limited the impact of the noise. Whereas previously it seemed to fly over my town every drop.

There's not a great deal you can do unfortunately apart from avoiding the same places over and over again or climbing over the places with the least population, or fewest complainers should I say.

Bit drastic but maybe another type? Some summers they have used a turbine which was better (looked like a Cessna Caravan). The AirVan was the worst by far making a significant din even at what would appear to be 7-8,000' but the year round C182 can be fairly noisy too.

Not done para dropping before so not the best qualified. Hopefully someone will come up with something more meaningful