PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 28th Jan 2015, 09:16
ironbutt57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally, what I would like to know from an Airbus driver is assuming this crash was related to another stall like the AF447 flight, can a pilot regardless of the FCC's confusion just say "I have control", switch the AP off, the AT to off and FD if need be, fly straight and level and set a given N1 or EPR value to keep the aircraft from falling out of the sky?

Yes you can....fly Pitch-attitude-thrust.. and that is the procedure for "airspeed unreliable"...do all pilots who grew up in these planes have the skills? NO...it's a skill that has over time disappeared...having facilitated many LOFT scenarios in the simulator, it never ceased to amaze me when conflicting information from ADR sensors caused problems, to see how many pilots seemed UNAWARE of their present thrust and attitude before things went haywire..the other fairly recent "surprise" on the 320 family anyway, was water penetrating the seals on the AOA vane shaft and freezing the vane in some undesirable position, forcing the crew to select 2 of the 3 ADR off to place the system in alternate law, removing stall/overspeed protections..

Last edited by ironbutt57; 28th Jan 2015 at 09:27. Reason: helpful spell checker