PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Logging Shared P1/PIC Time in Log Book
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2015, 08:05
kevkdg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Logging Shared P1/PIC Time in Log Book

Hi,

I'm not asking about the rights or wrongs of changing PIC halfway through a single leg flight in a single crew SEP, but rather how you would reflect this in the log book.

My log book has a column for "Departure time" and "Arrival time" and columns for "In Command" and "Dual / P2".

If Take Off is at 09:00 and Landing at 11:00 and the flight time PIC/P1 is shared 50/50 with a formal handover (fully dual controlled aircraft), does each pilot book as follows:

Option 1:

Pilot "A" Departure Time 09:00 Arrival Time 10:00 (1 hour in the "in Command" column - with appropriate comments)
and
Pilot "B" Departure Time 10:00 Arrival Time 11:00 (1 hour in the "in Command" column - with appropriate comments)

OR

Option 2:

Pilot "A" Departure Time 09:00 Arrival Time 11:00 (BUT only 1 hour in the "in Command" column - with appropriate comments)
and
Pilot "B" Departure Time 09:00 Arrival Time 11:00 (BUT only 1 hour in the "in Command" column - with appropriate comments)

I understand that nothing can be booked as P2 in either option for a single crew SEP in this scenario.

The reason I ask is due to the log book column names being Departure Time and Arrival Time.

Regards

Kevin