PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlines that have its pilots pay to fly
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2015, 07:17
Aluminium shuffler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Giles, why do you continue to put RYR in this category, even after it has been made clear that they are (surprisingly) not in it? Axe to grind?

John Smith, notorious for complaining that we are all paid too much and have an easy job, now defending P2F. No real surprise there. Either a manager or just trolling, but while his argument of why management think we earn to much or why they like P2F, I fail to see why he approves of it. Oh, yes, born into wealth with no financial concerns, I seem to recall - mum and dad paid for everything.

P2F is dangerous. I have seen low paid cabin crew unable to afford to eat, hot bunking in an overfilled shared house of squalid condition. They were being poorly paid, not shelling out vast sums to the company. P2F pilots will often be ill-rested and malnourished, highly stressed and alround unfit for duty. Some might manage if they come from a background lik Smith, where mum and dad will look after them, but many don't. So, it's certainly dangerous and immoral. Criminal may be more difficult to prove, but endangering the safe conduct of a flight is a criminal offence, so creating these schemes could be regarded as criminal. The companies would use the "no pilot will report for duty if unfit" line in their Part A manual as a get out, though.