PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 6´5´´ too tall for heli ?
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2003, 08:05
slamtofakie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snoop reply

sorry to everybody, just wrote a one hour reply, but this piece of **** of browser deleted it....

so here I go again:

RAF pilot:

what types are you on, currently, and have you been on during schooling? is there, now that you´ve lost your anonymity any pics of you on the web, or a pic of you in the cockpit ? would be great !! [email protected] feel free to send your pics if you feel like....

test pilot:

i know that tall people get problems with their lumbal spine when they grow older.....life ain´t fair....

especially when they don´t train the relevant muscles (torso, abdomen, lumbal, vertebral muscals) regularly, and wreck them in
ballsports or atrophy them due to inactivity.

I do sports ever since, know about training theory, know my body inside out, have studied medicine for a short time ( one winter term).....

believe me, I am the last to wreck my spine because of wrong sits or inactivity. run, swim, ride bike, that´s it.

I know too, that chopper pilots very easily get spine ache because of the constand beating of the engine through the seat.
know that, my father explained that to me, he´s a radiologist....

but I guess you´re right, i could get in serious trouble in a 206
jet ranger or stuff......
just because of this ultra-flat designed dome.
grrrrrrr

another idea: why hasn´t bell had the idea yet to provide extra-shaped higher glass domes?
as things seem to me, it is only the dome that causes problems,
pedals and seat can be adjusted. so why has nobody had the idea yet of re-shaping it ? wouldn´t cause any disadvantage concerning airflow-resistance, for choppers usually fly very slow.
and the whole issue is just about 10-15 centimeters.....
that´wouldn´t be that much of an effort....or am I wrong ?

thanks to everybody

greetz to vanvouver, been there ( last summer...beautiful!! ), done that, got the pee-shirt :-)

M