PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eurocopter, 4 new rotorcraft by 2020, X4, X6, X9, ..
Old 28th Jan 2015, 00:35
riff_raff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best way to introduce a new design is to follow up with orders and deliveries, and most and foremost delivering the performance you promise.
Airbus and Bell are selling vaporware.
I would agree that the delivery delays of most new commercial aircraft products in recent years seems to have gotten completely out of hand. But I would not agree that Airbus and Bell are "selling vaporware" with these marketing videos. From what I have seen the commercial helo market is entering a phase of significant technology development. There are advanced composite structures being widely used for airframes and blades. There are active control systems for improving aerodynamics and significantly reducing NVH. And there are many new turboshaft engine models that will provide significant improvement in power, reliability and fuel economy. These technologies all exist, are ready for use on production aircraft, and we will see them used on the new models from Airbus and Bell that were teased in the videos.