PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mama-Air, Blue Fox etc?
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2003, 07:38
Taildragger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I would agree that SOME pax would fly to these and other airports ex Manston, but would enough passengers do it to make the airport viable.?? But I would ask you to answer honestly.....do passengers REALLY want to fly to Hahn, Bergamo and the like, as destinations in themselves.? I don't think so.
They face fairly long ground transits at the destinations to get them where they really want to go which is Frankfurt and Milan.
I have no doubt that they choose to fly to these airports from Stansted and others because of the low fares, or, dare I say because of misleading advertising (London-Frankfurt, for example) However, to serve these destinations from MSE, I think that even Michael O'Leary might baulk at that one.
Commercial reality has to be faced, and it has to be said that the airport is in the wrong place at the end of the road. Don't take my word for it....talk to Invicta, Seabourne, and dare I say it, Wiggins.?? By the way, I don't see BMI rushing to serve the good people of Kent from Kent International.