PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 27th Jan 2015, 22:35
bugg smasher
quidquid excusatio prandium pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a very difficult argument, all of the Airbus protections built into the system architecture, how many lives has that saved over the years? Not quantifiable, none of those 'saves' ever get reported. Who wants to do paperwork? GroundSpeed Mini for example, these airplanes are well protected from wind shear events.

As an Airbus driver though, I am increasingly concerned at the growing number of OEB's in our QRH; if this happens, ignore what the airplane is telling you, do this instead. Counterintuitive in many ways, some of us have developed nervous ticks in one body part or another.

I think most will agree though, a combination of thorough system knowledge and simulator training make us at least as statistically safe as the Boeing folks, although I'm sure the Seattle boys have their dark places too.

Needle, ball, and airspeed, if I could voice one criticism of the AB design, in abnormal and emergency modes, it tends to work against the natural instincts of a well rounded and experienced pilot.