PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - lapl and ppl
Thread: lapl and ppl
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2015, 20:08
Mach Jump

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I asked the DGAC if I could fly my G-reg homebuilt in France on an LAPL, their reply hinted that it was a silly question...
Each National Authority decides what Licence is required to fly their own Annex II aircraft.

The UK CAA has decided that any EASA Licence, appropriate to the aircraft type, is acceptable, in addition to UK National Licences.

As a LAPL is valid throughout EASA, you can fly your Uk registered homebuilt anywhere within EASA.

You will need French DGAC approval though, to operate a UK registered 'Permit to Fly' aircraft in France.

...especially as my EASA licence on the front says Flight Crew Licence and on the A4 sheet then describes which licence ... The CAA kindly typed ATPL , CPL , and PPL ; and as I understand it ....... On the day I can decide which licence and which privileges I wish to use .
You still only have one Licence, but it embodies the privileges of all the ones listed. You can't have seperate PPL,CPL, or ATPL for the same Category of aircraft at the same time.

MJ

Ps.

It's worth noting that, due to an oversight in the drafting of Part.FCL, a PPL, unlike an ATPL and a CPL, does not include the privileges of a LAPL!

This means that if you let your Medical lapse to a LAPL one, you can only use it with an ATPL, CPL, LAPL, or NPPL, but not with a PPL!.

MJ